Michael is a leading author with several top-selling leadership books and articles, such as:
- Unlocking Potential
Unlocking Potential: 7 Coaching Skills That Transform Individuals, Teams, & Organizations
- Your Seeds of Greatness quote book series
Your Seeds of Greatness: The World’s Greatest Individual Leadership Quote Book
Your Seeds of Greatness: The World’s Greatest Team Leadership Quote Book
Your Seeds of Greatness: The World’s Greatest Organizational Leadership Quote Book
Your Seeds of Greatness: The World’s Greatest Societal Leadership Quote
- Ready, Aim, Excel
Ready, Aim, Excel: The Expert Insights Weekly Guide to Personal and Professional Leadership
With Dr. Marshall Goldsmith and Dr. Kenneth Blanchard
- Talent Unleashed
Talent Unleashed: What it Takes to Transform People, Teams, and Organizations
With Roger Merrill, Todd Davis, and Shawn Moon
Coming in 2015!
- Building Team and Organizational Trust
Building Team and Organizational Trust: Powerful Coaching Conversations for Every Leader & Manager
With Stephen M.R. Covey
- The Execution-Focused Leader
The Execution-Focused Leader
With Alan Hyatt and Amber Romine
Click on the book titles above to review and purchase the books!
Michael K. Simpson, for over 25 years, has been one of the world’s most renowned business leadership experts, thought leaders, authors, management consultants, executive coaches, and inspiring motivational speakers. He has spoken to audiences ranging from 50 people to 2,000 people.
For over two decades, Michael’s speaking expertise is in the areas of: strategy and goal execution, executive team building, leadership and management development, unleashing organizational talent, and improving human potential. He has been a Senior Consultant with FranklinCovey for over 16 years. He is on faculty and Director of FranklinCovey and Columbia University’s Executive Coaching Practice. He has been on faculty for over three years teaching senior executives at Covey’s Executive Leadership Summit (ELS) in Deer Valley and Sundance, Utah with Dr. Stephen Covey and Dr. Ram Charan.
He has served in senior executive positions, advisory boards, and coaching roles to senior executives in some of the world’s top companies. He partners with C-level and senior executives and teams to improve business results and leadership performance.
Michael has presented keynote addresses and leadership retreats to hundreds’ of audiences and thousands of leaders throughout the world, addressing the day’s most relevant business issues and topics at business forums, corporate retreats and kick-offs, board of director meetings, annual strategic planning events, association meetings, university department forums, and luncheons.
Michael’s goal in each of his presentations is to connect with his audience in a way that is provide an inspiring, thought provoking, motivating, and practical experience so that his audiences are moved to transform their individual lives, their teams, and their organizations.
Keynote Speeches address the following leadership and business issues, as well as dozens of other related keynote topics:
- Creating a Culture of Flawless Execution
- Unleashing Talent: 3 Essential Leadership Conversations
- Creating High Trust Teams and Organizational Culture
- Leading Strategy, Execution, and Talent
- Going from Good to Great
- Building High Performance Teams and Organizations
- Leading Organizational Change and Transformation
- The Leader/Manager as Coach
- How to be an Effective Executive Coach
- Leadership and Management Effectiveness
- Effective Change Management Strategies
- Goal Setting and Accountability
- Leading Personal and Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Time Management and Career Development
- 1Work-Life Balance
Keynotes and Leadership Retreats
Michael has been a leadership expert, advisor, consultant, and keynote speaker in more than 25 countries across the globe, including: the United States, Canada, Mexico, Panama, Barbados, Puerto Rico, Venezuela, India, China, Hong Kong, Macau, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Borneo, Philippines, Vietnam, Switzerland, South Korea, Saudi Arabia, Russia, Brazil, Germany, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, and Finland.
Client Keynotes, Presentations, and Leadership Work Sessions to Corporate, Government, Education, and Global organizations
Multinational and Fortune 50, 100, and 500 companies have utilized Michael for keynote speeches to some of the top leaders and organizations worldwide, including:
- Corporate – Coca-Cola, Frito Lay, Nike, Marriott Hotels, Eli-Lilly, Elanco, Procter & Gamble, HSBC Bank, Huntington Bank, Chiquita Brands, Kroger, Microsoft, IBM, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Ernst & Young, Grant Thornton, Whirlpool, EDS/Hewlett-Packard, ACS/Xerox, American Express, Atlanta Falcons, Honeywell, Goodyear, TE Connectivity, AT&T, Verizon, Cingular, Cellular South, Lockheed Martin, FL Power & Light, NCH Corp., Partsmaster, Retail Products Group, ThinkEquity, One America, Allstate, Prudential Financial, Farmers Insurance, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Mercy Hospital, Memorial Hospital, Loma Linda Hospital, Caremark/CVS, Home Instead, QFC, Dillons, A&P, Associated Foods, Juniper Networks, Autodesk, McKesson, Ingram Micro, McAfee, Symantec, Cummins Engine, Kimpton Hotels, InterContinental Hotels, Trendwest Resorts, So. California Edison, Northwest Natural Gas, Dow Chemical, Brookfield Homes, Shea Properties, Hanson Aggregates, Omya, Bombardier, Morris Communications.
- Government – Georgia Dept. of Human Resources, Georgia Technology Authority, New York State Workers Compensation Board, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, U.S. EPA, Los Alamos National Laboratory, Westinghouse Savannah River, Westinghouse Hanford, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
- Education – Columbia University, Columbia College, Brigham Young University, LA Unified School District, Orange County Department of Education, Universiti of Malaya, South China University of Technology, Guangdong University of Technology.
- Global – United Nations – New York City, NY; China – TE Connectivity, Nike, NCH Corp., China Petroleum; India – Informatica, TE Connectivity, Tata, Cognizant, First Rand Bank, EMC, Target, Geometric. Malaysia – Iskandar Development, IBM, HSBC Bank, Prudential BSN Takaful, Samudera, Kuwait Finance, Petronas, Sakura Bank, So. Bank Berhad, Kimberly-Clark; Vietnam – Nokia; Denmark – IC Company’s; Finland – Nokia, Saudi Arabia – Mobily Telecom;Canada – Vancouver Police Department, Capital Program Management, Business Objects; Puerto Rico – Eli-Lilly; Barbados – Barbados Power & Light. Mexico – Marriott Hotel; Venezuela – Marriott Hotel; Panama – Marriott Hotel
For over 16 years, Michael has been a master, global facilitator and certified to deliver FranklinCovey’s leadership work sessions with:
- The 4 Disciplines of Execution
- Columbia University’s Executive Coaching Certification Program
- Executive Leadership Summit
- Leading at the Speed of Trust
- The 4 Imperatives of Great Leaders: Great Leaders, Great Teams, and Great Results
- The 4 Roles of Leadership
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
- 7 Habits for Managers
- Winning Customer Loyalty
- xQ Organizational Survey
- Organizational Effectiveness Cycle
Global Management Consultant
Formerly, Michael was a Principal Consultant with PriceWaterhouseCooper’s Strategic and Organizational Change (Management Consulting Services – MCS) Practice in New York City where he managed consulting engagements in organizational design, change management, and leadership development. He consulted and coached leaders from Fortune 50 companies and government agencies.
Corporate Board and Business Leadership Experience
Michael held two executive management positions at two leading technology companies as Vice President of Sales and Marketing at MediConnect Global and Vice President of Business Development for America To Go. Michael is the Managing Partner of eBusiness Advisory & Consulting Services (eBACS, LLC); a firm dedicated to coaching, advising, and consulting business worldwide focusing on CEO’s and senior executives in strategy, leadership, accountability, and goal execution. He is on the advisory board and executive coach to over 10 CEOs. He is on the advisory board at Mercato Partners and JUNTO Partners, and the Board of Directors at Orange Duffle Bag At Risk Youth Foundation.
Mr. Simpson was a visiting professor for one year at South China University of Technology in Guangzhou, China. While in China, he was awarded ‘one of top ten foreign teachers’ among 40 Chinese universities and 160 foreign teachers in Guangdong Province by the Chinese Government’s Department of Education. Michael was also an external consultant at Nike in China where he developed and delivered a year-long ‘High-potential Leadership Program’ for Chinese leaders that ranked as one of the top management development programs at Nike in Guangzhou. Michael is Adjunct Professor at Columbia College’s Department of Business Administration and has taught classes in Organizational Behavior, Change Management, and Leadership.
Michael received his masters from Columbia University. M.A. Organizational Behavior, Department of Organization & Leadership. Kappa Delta Pi – Honors Society. He received a graduate studies certificate in Conflict Resolution & Mediation from Columbia’s International Center for Cooperation and Conflict Resolution (ICCCR). He also received an advanced coaching certification from Columbia University’s Executive Coaching Certification Program. Michael received his bachelors from Brigham Young University. B.A. International Relations, Kennedy Center for International Studies. Sigma Iota Rho – International Honors Society. He is on BYU’s Kennedy Center for International Studies Advisory Board of Directors. Michael studied in London, England through BYUs study abroad program. He was a university professor, teaching in Guangzhou, China through BYUs China Teachers Program.
Speaking Associations and Forums
Michael has participate on various platforms and venues for associations and groups, such as: FranklinCovey’s Executive Leadership Summit, PwC’s Leading Strategic and Organizational Change, Organizational Development Network, The American Society for Training and Development, The Chamber of Commerce, International Coach Federation, The Conference Board, The Society for Human Resource Management, Universiti of Malaya Deputy Chancellors Forum, South China University of Technology’s Foreign Affairs Lecture, Guangdong University of Technology Foreign Teachers Event, Columbia University’s Business School Management Consulting Association, Teachers College, Columbia University – Executive Coaching Certification Program, United Nations ICCCR Conflict Resolution Training, William Dyers’ Leading Organizational Change Conference, BYU’s Kennedy Center Semester Speakers Forum.
For pricing and booking of keynote speeches, please use our contact page to send us an email .